This journey will implement bicycling as a physical education unit in every school in America. It will be accomplished through professionals like you, at the forefront of teaching bicycling as an annual program for students through to graduation.
The following professionals can apply for a School Cycling Instructor Level 4 certification:
- Bicycle Experts, such as LAB-LCI, NICA-Coaches and USAC-Coaches
- Credentialed school teachers
- Parks & Recreation professionals and youth instructors
- Law Enforcement
- Other (please provide resume for approval)
YES-SCI Level 4 online self-pacing is 4-5 hours and consist of:
- SCI Application
- YES Curricula, "Introducing Schools to Cycling" & "YES-KIDS Bike"
- YES-SCI Training Section 1 and Competency Quiz Section 1
- YES-SCI Training Section 2 and Competency Quiz Section 2
- YES-SCI Training Section 3 and Competency Quiz Section 3
- YES-SCI Certificate of Certification
YES-SCI Training Level 4 online is $95.00 however there are fee refunds or discounts for some individuals or groups. YES accepts background screenings processed through the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI).
- Credential Teachers - $15 refund of the $95.00 fee with proof of current national credentialed teachers license.
- Law Enforcers - $15 refund of the $95.00 fee with proof of live-scan fingerprinting results.
- USA BMX Coaches - $15 refund of the $95.00 fee with proof of current NCSI results.
- USA Cycling Coaches - $15 refund of the $95.00 fee with proof of current NCSI results.
- 15% group discount is available for 10 or more participants from the same organization. Contact YES with your organization information and number of participants for a "Group Rate".
Start your SCI Level 4 training online here
SCI Level 4 certificate and refunds are issued after completion of the following:
- YES-SCI Certificate Application along with the Risk/Media waiver form
- SCI Level 4 Training Fee
- NCSI certificate of cleared criminal background check
- Curricula "YES-KIDS Bike" and "Introducing Schools to Cycling"
- YES-SCI Training Level 4 and competency quizzes
- Introductory first year membership with SHAPE America (Society of Health And Physical Educators)
- Proof of First Aid, CPR with AED Certification
- Confirmation of passing Tuberculosis test
Successful participants receive their SCI Level 4 Certification and lifetime SCI number via email.